Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas!

It's two days before Xmas and my shopping is almost done. And if you haven't then I don't know what you're doing reading this blog :-)

At any rate, I'll be really brief about the two items I have today. HUI had a confirmed "golden cross" Friday where the 50 dma exceeded the 200 dma. It happens to be sitting at just about that level and needs to make a stand pronto. I put money where my mouth was and picked up some HL and EGO in the past couple days.

The other thing I'm looking at are the CANROYs which took a big hit due to proposed Canadian tax law change this year. Recent drop in the loonie probably has something to do with that. I have some PWI and PDS which are down almost 20%. But I still have a lot of trust in the sector, so it's an easy call to take the loss now and select replacements from, for example, ERF, PWE, PGH, AAV, HTE, and PVX. Those will probably my last trades this year.

That's it for now, merry Xmas!